Friends of the Bid
Businesses in the BID zone with rateable value of over £15,000 or more pay an annual fee as a percentage of the rateable value of their property. However, if you would also like to be included in our activities and are not currently, you can become a voluntary friend of the BID and receive the various benefits.
WHAT DO YOU GET AS A FRIEND OF THE BID?
Place Marketing Benefits
- Participation in the new dynamic and mobile website, visitsouthend.co.uk.
- Ability to promote offers and treats at no cost to you via Southend’s loyalty scheme – reaching our ever-growing audience.
- Inclusion in marketing campaigns, including the ‘You’re on Sea’ Christmas campaign.
- Involvement in PR activity throughout Southend and the surrounding area.
- Participation in social media campaigns.
- Invitations to take part in town centre activities.
Place Management Benefits
- Additional targeted cleaning and streetscape improvements.
- Access to Street Services – which includes maintenance of town centre.
- Inclusion in scheme to keep children safe.
Additional Membership Benefits
- Invitation to town centre forums.
- Ability to participate in strategic working groups.
- Receipt of regular updates of town centre news and advice.
- Access to research data collated by Southend BID.